Prepare for the specialty practice of school nursing, highlighting the nurse as a member of the educational team.
- Conference Overview
- Standards of School Nursing Practice
- New York State Education Department, Student Support Services
Explore key issues in developing an effective school health services program.
- Physical Examinations
- Medication Administration
- Child Protection
- Legal Issues
- Concussion Management
Heighten awareness of common illnesses and chronic diseases seen in the school health office. Understand federal and state mandates related to students with special needs.
- Communicable Disease
- Special Education Services: IEP/504
- Mental Health
Understand state-mandated health screening programs, including specific screening procedures.
Understand appropriate, safe practices for school nurses and school districts. Enhance assessment skills. Manage school health services.
- Otoscopic Examination
- Emergency Preparedness
- Management of School Health Services