Benefits of Membership
The New York State Association of School Nurses (NYSASN) is the recognized professional organization for School Nurses in New York State. We encourage you to join NYSASN so you, too, can be a voice for school nurses and school children in New York State. Membership in your professional organization is considered a standard of excellence. NYSASN dues cost $55.00 per year and the benefits of belonging to our association are plentiful and are outlined below.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to our website, www.nysasn.org, which has wonderful information pertinent to all school nurses, including valuable resources in a “members’ only section.”
- Attendance at the general membership meeting during the annual conference to personally introduce you to all members to the Board of Directors, share what is currently being discussed, and allow you to vote for important changes within the organization.
- Email blasts to keep you aware of the latest news.
- Participation in online surveys regarding issues important to all school nurses.
- Premier educational offerings at discounted rates include our summer School Nurse Orientation and the annual Fall conference.
- Scholarships available for nurses pursuing advanced education.
- A board member in your area to represent your ideas and interests to the Board of Directors.
- A NYSASN sponsored NASN Director, who sits on the NASN Board of Directors to represent New York school nurses.
- Position Statements on the website relating to many issues regarding school nursing.
With each new member, NYSASN continues to grow and become a stronger unified voice for school nurses who advocate for New York’s future. The impact we make as an organization, whether it be partnering with other organizations or educating our legislators, is dependent on the number of active members we represent.
Thank you for your commitment to excellence in school nursing and for your dedication to the children we serve.