There has been much in the news about this fast-spreading virus. The NYSDOH and CDC emphasize that as with other respiratory viruses, the best way to avoid infection is by practicing the steps below:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The New York State Center for School Health website provides regular updates on the latest COVID-19 news . The most recent information and resources can be found at NYS Center for School Health Coronavirus page .