Is your organization looking to advertise upcoming conference information that may be of interest to school nurses?
NYSASN is happy to partner with other organizations offering educational opportunities for school nurses. Spread the word about your upcoming educational event by posting your conference brochure on our web site.
NYSASN charges for event postings on our site. The fee is $50.00 for 30 days, $75.00 for 60 days and $100.00 for 90 days.
Questions regarding your online posting content or duration should be directed to our webmaster at email@example.com.
Please email a copy of your posting, specifying its duration (30, 60, or 90 days), to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your payment has been received, we will post your position announcement.
- Lake Placid – October 17th
- Rochester – October 19th
- Tarrytown – October 25th
- Melville – October 26th
Content will include presentations on:
- Grief and Loss and Impact on Learning- an Overview for School Nurses and Health Educators
- The Role of the School Nurse and Health Educator in Supporting Students at Risk- Teen Dating Violence/Domestic Abuse: How to Have the Conversation
- Guidance Updates from SED for School Nurses and Health Educators- Including Immunization Requirements, Modernization of the Health Curriculum, Hands-Only CPR, Sepsis, Tick and Tickborne Diseases, Organ Donation and Mental Health
- Tools for the School Nurse: Diabetes Management In the School Setting
- Tips and Hints: The Real Deal on Managing Diabetes
School Nurse Diabetes Training Programs JDRF is offering two training seminars for school nurses during the month of October 2017.
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 – 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Yonkers Public Library, presented by JDRF and The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore.
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in Poughkeepsie, presented by JDRF and CareMount Medical with Dr. Jill Brodsky.
For additional information, download PDF flyer here, or contact Joan Benz at 203-854-0658 or email@example.com.
Nursing Education Links FamilyNursePractitioners.org is a media production company focused on healthcare training and education, who provides graduates of nursing programs and prospective nursing students with information on nursing labor trends, degree programs, salary and wage data, as well as in-depth interviews with on-staff nurses and doctors, with the goal of educating healthcare students on the long-term benefits of a career in nursing. Learn more at http://www.familynursepractitioners.org/ and http://www.onlinerntomsn.com/
Reducing Lead in Drinking Water in Schools and Childcare Facilities EPA is hosting a quarterly webinar series to highlight examples of efforts to reduce lead in drinking water in schools and child care facilities. These webinars will include a brief overview of lead in drinking water, best practices, lessons learned, challenges, and available resources. The June webinar will feature Denver Water and Denver Public Schools. Registration link: http://login.icohere.com/registration/register.cfm?reg=3684&evt=Denver Download the event flyer here.
Children’s Anxiety: Free Webinar
This presentation on Children’s Anxiety that was held in Rochester for area school nurses and health professionals. NYSASN has received permission to share the presentation for free. When directed to the presentation through the link , please use the password: January 2016. Link to presentation on Children’s Anxiety
Providers and advertisers of goods and services whose listings are submitted to NYSASN for posting on the NYSASN website are posted for informational purposes only. NYSASN does not endorse, sponsor or guarantee any such listing or any of the information, advice, goods, services or other resources that may be mentioned or made accessible through these listings.